Monday, January 19, 2009

Novels....

As is life, I always have something going on and I always feel like everything I do is pending or in transition... Nothing stable... Part of my growth through out college will be finding stability in almost everything I do, but no forgetting that sometimes I have to be flexible. What do novels have to do with this? Every time I sign on, I feel like I could type for days and still not express my range of emotions or what I feel concerning my life and volleyball. I guess I'll just start from the beginning.

We have a our first game of the season on Wednesday... The team is looking all right, but I feel like we are still performing on talent... Not a combination of talent and competitive drive. That's just me though. My biggest problem is that I'm not happy with were I am as a player. Last year I started and played in more games than anyone on the team... Though it was more out necessity do to our lack of players than to my skill level at the time. However, in playing 87 games I gained irreplaceable experience. Playing middle was never my goal and I have made this fact known to my coach. But at this point in time I have to be flexible with him because it's not like he got an off season to actually work with us. Right now, I have to focus on what's best for the team and still keep myself in line for my ultimate goal.

Moving on, the team for Park on Wednesday is basically set and I didn't make the cut... Oh well, I'm mad. Ha, I'm more than mad I'm Pissed off and I want my spot back. But now that I think about it... I'm not mad, because I'm not having to play middle... Which means coach maybe believes that I can do more for the team too(aside from playing middle). Who knows? Plus, we just have to see what these players do under pressure. Yeah they're freshman and they beat me for a spot at middle, but I never wanted to be a middle in the first place. Come park, I'm not so sure they'll be able to fill the shoes...Park doesn't have the best middle blockers, but they'll give you a run for your money if you're not careful. Besides that, Park has a fast offense to the outside. If our middles our to slow to make it out to the block, Uribe will have a field day. Kind of like he did with me last year, but by the 3 set and never having seen him play. I figured out what I needed to do to read him.

Like I said, I'm mad I'm not starting or anything, but I'm also happy because I can focus on improving my skills in other areas. Our coach has done a good job of taking over this team and maintaining control in such a short amount of time. But he still does some things that bother me but we're all trying to work with what we have... Only 15 players... 12 which are actually eligible. We're working well with what we have.

Continuing on... Like I said, I could keep typing and keep going on about philosophy. My play the details of our team play that I like and dislike. But all will be revealed in time I suppose... I guess you'll hear from me after our Park game. Untill Wednesday.


789
Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones