By the time I had time to type on here it was 11 at night last night and I had to get to sleep for our game today. Ok, if your interested... The article writer says it better than me.... Park Game. The only thing I have to add is consistency, the thing we lack. I guess my biggest problem is can't get all the reps that I would like to get on the ball during practice. St. Ambrose was today... We got our asses handed to us... That is the only way to sum up the game... 0-3.
The game started out with me as second middle... I didn't have a single problem but as soon as I was in everyone was focused on my mistakes and didn't have anything to say for their mistakes. Hmmm. Further more, I get set 3 times and each time the set was either too slow, not high enough or the pass wasn't there... As a hitter who's main job is hitting, I can not be responsible for the passing. Ok, here's the issue I would like to point out... Only last night at practice did I start hitting off of these setters... prior to that I had been hitting off of a completly different setter. Establishing the middle is important when starting a game... Now I have to try within 3 rotations to establish a repetoire and allow the setter to adjust to me... However I was taken out of the rest of the match after I didn't swing on a couple of the sets... Game film will reveal what the real problem was, but while I was out there I wasn't feeling any connection what so ever to these setters and they weren't adjusting either...
The rest of the game proceeded point by point, every two points we would be tied up with St. A. Then we would get up and St. A would come back. We didn't stay consistent. Granted, we're a young team so knowing what to do in tough situations makes it hard. The fact still remains... Either we weren't consistent or we didn't capitalize on St. A's mistakes... I guess I feel like there are too many "haters" on our team... People who make negative comments or don't do anything to better the team... Just worried about themselves or their stats... I realize everyone doesn't have to get along with everyone, but at least fake it or something...
I'm kind of of upset about todays game so before I just lose myself and go on a rant I'm going to cut this short. Touch on somethings that St. A did show us. We weren't ready to play, I think that stems from people not working hard in practice trying to better themselves... Recently, my float serve has become weak. Don't know why and can't explain it. I've tried a million different things, it's just that it's become predictable to my team mates. So, I've switched to a jump serve... Something that I rarely do or I only do when I play doubles or we are up at least 5 points. It's really rusty, but I think I'm going to switch to it full time because I can make the serve bend pretty well. I need to just get my toss consistent and I'll be just fine. Well, we have a practice tomorrow and MoBap Tuesday, we'll just have to see what happens...Umm, if there are any errors you'll have to forgive me, I'm too tired to go through this post and check it...
I also have this to say. Our team doesn't practice hard enough... I feel like I get a good workout, but I have a different mentality about working hard than most people do. We just do what it takes to get the job done, but not necessarily well. I believe in executing everything you do to the highest level... I don't feel like that's something we do during practice.
789


