Wednesday, June 4, 2008

To Rock or Not To Rock?

Upon further review, I think I've finally decided that Hip-Hop as a genre of music is not among my favorites. Not to discount or discredit a very essential area of music necessary to the development of techno/house and the foundation of a whole urban culture, but that whole urban culture was never something I was into in the first place. Beside, the next song to "shake ya ass" to has no with standing presence in the history of music.

Classical serves as a strong tonal basis for any music that contains discernible chord progressions.

All music of the Sixties, it still holds strong and people still listen to and make known these different songs. There may have been a few one hit wonders, but that one hit was all they needed.

Classic Rock... Need I say more

Alternative Rock, this area for me is largely encompassing. Ranging from the first outbreak of punk rock to the development of Indie Rock(as a genre).

Hip-Hop just holds no ground to any of this music... The only artist with any holding that will last in the future Jay-Z, Eminem, and Master P. Rap and Hip-Hop turned from a passing trend into a way of life that is fast and loose, much like the theme of most of the songs.

I'm not going to start hating or not listening to hip-hop or rap, but I will no longer claim it as specific genre of music that I find has any with standing songs(especially in 2008), worth downloading.

Musics evolution may have come to an end, but a new sound will soon be found by looking to musics roots...

Classical hip-hop and rock fusion is the future, most people just don't know it yet.

Fight Club

The Sixties-Artists of the Sixties


Y.I.T.B.
Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones